lauantai 2. toukokuuta 2020

Mission Report: Yaluk III


"To Inquisitor Baranovksy

I must regretfully bring to your knowledge that my mission to terminate colonel Conrad was unsuccesful. After teleporting to Yaluk III surface from Imperial Cruiser Bristol City I was able to locate colonel´s camp guarded by troops loyal to him. I neutralized most of the troopers and took their leading sergent prisoner for futher investigation as xeno influence on colonel Conrad was suspected. Briefly interrogated the sergeant revealed colonel Conrad´s whereabouts to be in a small subterranean compound, entrance to which was located in the camp the sergeant and his men were guarding. Sedated and tightly bound I left the sergeant to wait for my return as I intended to take him with me to be released in the custody of the Inquisition.

Having then found the entrance I used the anti-grav elevetor to take me into a small room underground. From that location I was able to see colonel Conrad, his ogryn bodyguard and a xeno of species unknown to me. In the small corridor leading to colonel I had to engage the ogryn as there was no room to get past him. Taking down that brute took too long and both the xeno and colonel were able to teleport away. Their present locality is unknown.

Terminate colonel Conrad: Failed
Investigate xeno influence: Confirmed, the interrogation of captured sergeant may reveal more
Enemy casualties: 3 guards and 1 ogryn bodyguard removed


Hail Emperor
Tiberius Cimber"

 Imperial assassin Tiberius Cimber

His target: rogue coloner Conrad

The game area. Tiberius entered from north. Yellow blib near one of the columns is
a small energy source as scanned with energy scanner.

Moving through jungle-like vegatation Tiberius closes in to that energy source.

 It´s a sentry with a las gun. Tiberius tries to take him out quietly with a needler
but an alarm is raised. Sentry is disposed of in close combat.

Two more senties come in sight, these armed with autoguns. Their fire is
inaccurate and Tiberius crushes the nearer one with his power glove. 

An ugly sergeant leading the sentires arrives. 

Seeing the opportunity to get valuable information Tiberius takes out
the sergeant with a knock-out grenade. 

 The last sentry has no chance in close combat and is reduced to bloody pulp.
From inside the tent the entrance to subterranean compound is found.

 Tiberius could see the colonel, his ogryn and the xeno that was working on that 
machine in the other room.

The xeno was able to teleport away pretty quickly. 

Managing to wound the ogryn with his plasma pistol, Tiberius was eventually
forced to defeat the brute in hand to hand combat. 

But that took too long and colonel himself teleported to safety. 

The unidentified xeno


A quick report on a Rogue Trader game I was invited by LM. This one was to test Discord as a media for this kind of socially distanced gaming. And I think it worked fine. LM had created several channels like #general, # cast-of-characters, # mission-information, # player1-moves, # player1-board etc. to administer the game.

The game followed normal RT turn sequence and rules. LM acting as GM posted the mission information and the scenario initial situation. On #player1-moves channel I told what I was doing and LM posted the results of my actions there too. During each turn several pictures of the situation were posted on #player1-board channel.

So a very small scale game but very much in RT spirit and as mentioned playing it on Discord worked just fine. LM had the board set up in his place. I just had to roll a character for me. Really hoping to see more of this kind. And I know LM is concidering making a scenario for more than one player.

3 kommenttia: