perjantai 27. maaliskuuta 2020

Carried away by Brood Brothers

It happened again. Painted something and got sucked into paiting more of the same stuff. This time it was Genestealer Cult Brood Brothers. After finishing my Legacy Coven 2020 model I noticed I still had some Olley guardmen that I was not going to include to my IG force. And from the WD116 Genestealer list I learned that a Slaanesh worshipping brood brother band is just six models strong. So why not. Plus I wanted to experiment a little with the contrast paints I had bought but not used that much.

I wanted to honor this color scheme from WD116. The same issue also holds the genestealer cult army list. 
 The six brood brothers. Three Olleys, Two metal bodied IG troopers with plastics arms and a penitent.
White contrast paint base. Black Templar shoes/boots, Magos Purple jumpsuits, Nazdreg Yellow armor, Guilliman Flesh face + hands and Leadbelcher for metal parts. Some added shading with Agrax and that´s it.

Very fast and slaaneshian enough for me. Six models in less than 24h is a good pace for me. In my opinion contrasts worked really nice for this kind of paint job. I can imagine myself building a small cult army painted with contrasts.


 Slaanesh workshippers cost 40 points/six model band. Brood brothers are affected by frenzy but are immune to other psychological effects.

Perhaps a beastmen band next then...

2 kommenttia:

  1. They came out great, sir! I haven't used the contrast paints but your results came out very well.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi there1 And thank you. I didn´t like the contrasts at first but with these models I wanted to give them a new try. And I´m actually starting feel pretty good about them. I even dug out some Scarloc´s archers that I haven´t have guts to paint and started putting some contrasts on them. The first results are promising... I´ll post them when I have a few models ready.

      Poista