torstai 7. maaliskuuta 2019

How I speed paint my IG

Being a very mediocre painter myself I haven´t dared to do any painting guides. Not before this. I felt that this way of speed painting desert themed Imperial guard deserves to be shared.

After assembling the model I spray it with Army Painter Desert Yellow for base coating.
If the spray doesn´t reach every spot I fix those places with a brush.

Gaiters, belt pouches and other leathery equipment are painted brown
with Citadel Mournfang Brown.

Boots and flak vest are painted black. Face and hands get treated
with Cadian Fleshstone.

Leadbelcher for lasgun, helmet and bayonet/knife.

Everything is shaded with Agrax Earthshade and when it´s dried
I use Armageddon Dunes texture for the base.

Finishing touches include highlighting black parts with Eshin Grey.
Camo suit is highlighted with Kislev Flesh. I´ve been using Air version of that
as it´s thin enought to be used straight out of bottle. Goggles are given a
touch of Tin Bitz to make then stand out a bit.

Quick and dirty - not anything fancy as you can see but does the trick. Excluding drying time I think it takes me something like 30min to paint a single trooper like this.

Feel free to try it out! And please share your way of painting Old IG.

2 kommenttia:

  1. I have a few Cadians unpainted, might give this method a go just to get them done.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Alex. Please share pics when you get them done.

      Poista