perjantai 25. tammikuuta 2019

Eldar/Cylon/Torquemada

When painting this RT era eldar musician I really had to fight the urge to make him shiny Silver. The reason for that can be seen below.
 
 
Yes - he immediately reminded me of my favorite TV show of my childhood - Battlestar Galactica. And I mean the original 1978 series.
 
 
The cylon helmet is a LOT like the one on that Jes Goodwin sculpted space elf. As are the shoulder pads and arm greaves too. When discussing this with my friends it was Traject0ry who then showed me the following picture.
 
 
I already knew that 2000ad comics had big influence on early Games Workshop/Citadel products but just look at that. High pointy helmet, something of a respiratory device and that rune on forehead - pretty space elfish arent they?
 
Could it just be that Jes got his inspiration for eldar scupts from one of these sources... What do you think?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti