keskiviikko 10. kesäkuuta 2020

Contrasty Cult Army: Something of a Paint Guide

Realizing my limitations as a painter I´m not trying to educate anyone here. Just wanting to share the way I´ve found for using Citadel Contrast paints to in my opinion satisfactory result with a Genestealer Cult Army.

The colours that tie the different bands of the cult together are black, purple and yellow. Two or all three of those colors appear in almost all models of the cult. Check the earlier entires

 Undercoating with spray. First Grey Seer all over followed by Wraith Bone sprayed just from above.
This gives a bit deeper shades than using just Wraith Bone.

 First colors on. Magos Purple for psykers shirt and  
Talassar Blue for beastman skin.

 Spyker´s pants and beastman´s horns were done with Nazdreg Yellow.

 Guilliman Flesh for hands and face of the psyker.

 Leather parts using Black Templar. 

 I use Leadbelcher for metal parts and treat them with Agrax Earth Shade.
Some Agrax is added to areas of deepers shadows too.

 Wyldwood is used for weapons shafts etc.

Finally I highlight skin and fur parts with mixture of contrast paint and normal white diluted heavily with medium. I try to add several thi layers to make sort of gradual highlights.
For last I traet the base with Snakebite Leather, pva glue and some flock.

Here´s another guide I did for speed painting desert themed Imperial Guard.

4 kommenttia:

  1. They came out really good! Very old school, I like.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Ragsta! And thank you. Those Contrasts have proved to be pretty useful in my opinion.

      Poista
  2. They look very good. I am finding that the contrast paints form a very effective basecoat, and look quite nice with a little highlight only

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Anthony B! I agree with you on that basecoat. When making rank & file you don´t need much highlighting with contrasts. Sometimes I use none.

      Poista