perjantai 3. toukokuuta 2019

Assault squad done

As I had a day off work and not many things to take care of I took some time to finish 1st assault squad. The first model was painted months ago but as I did not have back packs and chain swords to move forward with this project I had to wait until I got some from ebay. To be able to use this squad I need to have a command section with jump packs too so that they will form a single squad assault platoon eventually. I don´t think I have the interest or resurces to expand the platoon to two squad or bigger. For instance the plasma gun troopers are hard to get and pretty expensive models.

 The assault platoon´s color will be red. You can see their command section´s standard bearer in the back ground. Sergeant, two plasma gun troopers and seven troopers with las pistol and chain sword.

The normal armament for troopers is two las pistols but those can be replaced with chain swords, hand flamers or bolt pistols. As my supply of las pistols in not endless it was quite easy to go with the chain sword alternative. Those are modern Cadian chain swords that I used btw.

 Sergeant and the two plasma gunners. As mentioned before those plasma guns are huge. Jumping with them should be something of an occupational hazard. Not to mention plasma´s tendency to overheat on sustained fire.

 Plastic trooper models speed painted. Las pistols, chain swords and jump packs. Quick and simple.

 In my opinion the plastic marine back packs work quite nicely as IG jump backs. I have no idea from which edition the packs are and to be honest don´t care.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti