perjantai 24. elokuuta 2018

Warwain - Elven attack chariot

I remember admiring this model at the local game store back in the early years of the 90´s. As it cost a lot and looked too complex for my humble painting skill I never came to buy it. After getting back to hobby and getting more brave with painting I had the opportunity to get one of these beautiful Jes Goodwin sculpts. The best elven chariot there is - hands down.

The painted attack chariots you see around the internet usually follow the mostly white color theme of the original package. I however chose to follow my blue and white army theme with dark brown horses. It took me a while but here´s the completed chariot and it´s crew.



Dark blue is the main color with white details. Armor and some decorations are colored steel and copper. The blue feather theme is carried from the horses´ headpieces to archer´s neclace, leader´s helmet and to the bannerpole top.


The horses are based with pretty widely apart. Might rebase the whole model one day.






That driver looks like a singer from some late 80´s metal band. I keep imagining a microphone in his hands: "Run to the hills....".



Closer look at the crew as a whole.


One step closer to having one of each unit of high elves listed in 3rd edition WFB: Armies book. Now it´s just Dragonkin and Kith left.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Great model - I also have an unpainted set as part of the leadpile, still waiting to be painted.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Phil! Hope you´ll get it painted soon and post some pics.

      Poista