perjantai 12. heinäkuuta 2019

Some fantasy for change

The Finnish baseball season is running at full steam right now and with my son playing I´ve been less paining and more doing spectator sports outside. And I´m giving myself a bit of a break from IG too.

I did aquire a couple of bottles of those new cotrast paints at the beginning of july and geve them a try with some orcs. I had painted some Rugluds´ before and just wanted to try and find a speed painting method for them.

 The nine models I´ve completed so far. I tried using the contrast paints for skin and leather parts at first but that really didn´t works out too well. I didn´t like the skin tone that Ork Flesh produced. And the white base coating meant that I had to repaint the armor bits black after base coating. That took time and worked agains my speed painting idea.

So after a couple of models I went back to black base coating. Metal parts are Typhus Corrosion drybrushed with Ryza Rust and Leadbelcher. Skin is Warboss Green highlighted with Skarsnik Green. Mournfang brown washed with Agrax for spear shafts and different browns for leather parts.

I tried to achieve the original idea of the equipment being looted from some ancient tomb and being in corroded shape. I´m happy with the over all result and these will be good enough for me to be played with.

Here´s a pair of wolves that I painted using those contrast paints. It´s Snakebite Leather on white base highlighted with Ushabti bone. Works well enough for me.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Dogs look good to me! Liking the rusty armour too

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank You howie! Discovered your blog - very nice gangers, cars and scenery You have there.

      Poista